FREE Summer Food Program!
The Summer Food Program will feature fresh produce and beef from the Giles County Agricultural Lab
Children (through age 18) can receive a FREE nutritious hot lunch during the summer months regardless of income.
Narrows High School & Macy McClaugherty School will be this year’s host sites.
Lunch will be served between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm on the following dates (subject to change):
(CLOSED July 2-July 6)
July 30-August 3
GILES COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUMMER FOOD PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN RULES AND REGULATIONS
By attending our program, participants agree to each of the following terms:
* Participants are younger than age 19.
* Participants do not have any food allergies which meet the ADA guidelines.
* Participants may refuse up to 2 items served (offer vs. serve).
* Participants must adhere to all school rules.
* Any disciplinary action may result in termination of eligibility.
* Participants are not to leave the cafeteria and bathroom hallway areas unless receiving
prior authorization from administration.
* Participants may take all items on 1 tray and receive the tray at no cost.
* Adults (age 19+) may buy a tray with all menu’d items for $2. Ala carte items are
available for additional costs.
* Carry-out trays are available for adults only (cost is $3 for the menu’d tray or if
purchasing ala carte items there will be additional charges).
* Parents/guardians are encouraged to remain with their children during meal times.
* Giles County Public Schools, Narrows High School, and Macy McClaugherty School
Staff are not responsible for children while on site.
* Please dispose of your tray and trash in the appropriate receptacles.
* Giles County Public Schools reserves the right to terminate this program to individuals
who are determined to be a threat to the safety of other participants.
* Participants may be photographed and/or video taped for media release
(see administration for opt-out forms).
* See an administrator for any questions or problems.