Oct 15 – Pearisburg Scarecrow Festival
October 15 – Scarecrow Festival
The Scarecrows Are Back! The second annual Scarecrow Festival set to take place in Pearisburg, VA.
Festival day will begin at 9am on October 15 and run through 7pm on Wenonah Avenue.
- Activities will include a motorcycle cruise-in and contest sponsored by GearHead Junction, as well as, live performances from 10am-5pm by Spirits of Joy, the Community Chorus, Dance Motion, Giles School of Dance, and a surprise live band.
- From 11am-2pm the festival will feature special kids activities including a parade, costume contest, games and pumpkin painting.
- A map of the location of over 50 scarecrows will be available to the public at the festival information booth for the self-guided stroll. These may also be obtained between October 15-31st at the Pearisburg Town Hall, as scarecrows will remain on display through November 1, 2016.
- Additional activities will continue on throughout the day. Including shopping with Pearisburg Community Market and other vendors.
- The scarecrow festival will conclude with a “Dinner of Oz” dinner prepared by the Farm Table beginning at 5pm. A special Thai infused Emerald City and Yellow Brook Road menu will be paired with the viewing of an outdoor movie on the courthouse lawn. Dinners can also be ordered to go. A kid’s dinner menu will be provided for munchkins of all ages!
- Wine and beer (for purchase) will be available at the beverage garden from 3-7pm during the live band and “Dinner of OZ.”
- Moviegoers-only may enjoy the movie by bringing a chair or blanket!
You may also call the Town Office at 540-921-034- for more information.
Growing Local-Cooking Fresh
Find more information on Virginia.org at their event listing: http://www.virginia.org/Listings/Events/ScarecrowFestival/