RFP – GILES COUNTY ANNEX BUILDING ROOF REPLACEMENT
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
GILES COUNTY ANNEX BUILDING ROOF REPLACEMENT
The Giles County Board of Supervisors will accept bid proposals to perform a roof replacement to the Annex Building located at 130 North Main Street, Pearisburg, Virginia. All proposals must be in accordance with specifications provided by the county as outlined below. Prospective bidders may submit proposals and the county shall evaluate all proposals and accept the proposal deemed in the best interests of the county. The accepted proposal shall include the following work scope.
- Remove and dispose of existing EPDM only, ballast rocks to remain. NOTE: All insulation is to remain.
- Furnish and install 1/2” fan fold insulation over the existing insulation, loose laid.
- Furnish and install Carlisle Syntec.060 EPDM over the ½” fan fold insulation, shift ballast rocks back over EPDM.
- Furnish and install new 24ga metal gravel stop and metal coping. All metal to be installed per manufacturer’s specifications. Finish to be 2 coat fluoropolymer per specifications. Color to be selected by owner from the standard color chart.
- Furnish and install new pipe boots and flashings as required.
- Proposal includes a 20 year no dollar limit warranty covering labor and materials.
- All Contractors must be licensed and insured.
- Contractor to provide building permit.
- Contractor to provide all power and facilities.
- Contractor shall provide a unit price for drain replacement as required.
- Contractor shall provide a square footage price to replace any insulation found to be damaged or wet as required.
Notes and Exclusions:
- Proposal shall be submitted on or before Friday, February 14 by 1:00 p.m.
- Proposal shall be emailed, mailed, or hand delivered to the attention of Anna Welch by the specified deadline.
- Any questions regarding specifications should be directed to John Mills at 540-921-2527
- It shall be the responsibility of the bidder to conduct any onsite inspections to evaluate the condition of the roof structure prior to submitting a bid.
Interested firms should submit their proposals, a copy of their Virginia’s Contractors License, and a certificate of liability and workers’ compensation insurance via mail or hand delivery to the attention of Anna Welch, 315 North Main Street, Pearisburg, VA 24134. Firms may email their proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for proposal submittal shall be February 14, 2020, at 1:00 p.m.
The County of Giles reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, to waive any informality and base all conclusions, decisions, and actions in accordance with the best interests of Giles County.