Assistant Innkeeper | Part Time
Assistant Innkeeper/Part Time
The assistant innkeeper supports the innkeepers/proprietors in managing the inn in a calm, professional and gracious manner, creating an atmosphere of comfort, mixed with fun, unique, and memorable experiences through attentive, gracious hospitality.
The assistant Innkeeper implements the finest hospitality for Inn at Riverbend guests when the owners are absent, and works with the owners at doing the same when they are present.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reflect the mission of making every guest and visitor feel special, and provide a sanctuary of peace and tranquility (a little slice of heaven on earth) for every person that enters
- Warmly answer the phones, encouraging callers to make reservations
- Welcome guests for check-in and provide orientation tour
- Conduct inn tours, promoting the inn to future guests
- Respond to e-mail promptly, and attempt to convert inquiries into reservations
- Computer literacy, using Yahoo Mail, Microsoft Word, Excel and the inn property management system
- Concierge—assist guests with dinner & entertainment suggestions, making reservations for guests as appropriate, organizing concierge certificates
- Check-out departing guests accurately, using the check-out process as a positive marketing tool to create a repeat guest and spread the word of Inn at Riverbend
- Inventory/Stock/Order for gift shop
- Prepare and serve snacks and beverages for the afternoon refreshments in a manner reflecting creativity and hospitality
- Prepare “add-on” packages and place in guest rooms prior to arrival
- Work with housekeeping staff in a professional and motivating manner, encouraging team spirit and positive outlook.
- Provide turndown service as requested by guests.
- Breakfast preparations as assigned
- Update specials on the web, monthly updates of web marketing sites such as Select Registry, BBAV, etc.
- Create weekly List of Upcoming Events
- Help with creating the bi-monthly newsletter as needed
- Prepare operations manuals as needed
- Book and cost events when needed
Secondary duties & responsibilities:
Although housekeeping staff will perform these duties, in times of emergency these duties fall to the innkeepers & assistant innkeepers
- Room cleaning and general inn cleaning
- Dishes and kitchen clean-up
- Laundry folding
- Cobweb removal,
- Whatever it takes to keep the inn spotless
- To be determined
- A heart for hospitality—service to others
- Integrity and honesty
- Terrific communication skills, using proper English. Excellent listening skills are an integral component of good communication skills.
- Calm under pressure
- Willing to work hard to create a beautiful atmosphere for guests
- Attention to details
- Flexibility of scheduling
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Professional appearance (including no visible tattoos)
- Quick learner
- Ability to process with myriad interruptions
- College degree preferred
Pay and Benefits:
- Annual merit reviews/raise.
- Tip-sharing (non-housekeeping tips)
For more information and to apply:
Visit their website: https://innatriverbend.com/